15Malaysia

Sunday, July 8, 2007

the Longest Route..

For this entry, I'll talk about how pathetic my ride back home from Cyberjaya. Yesterday I was too tired to blog, therefore I left a short message only. The story goes like this - I wanted to go back home this weekend for something important for myself, then a couple of my friends also followed me. There is only one option for me that is to sit bus back home. My bro was not free to gimme a ride back home so I have to take the longest route ever. Alright, as for intro, from my home to Cyberjaya actually only take 1 hour and 45 minutes by car. But due to a wonderful implementation of Transportation System in Malaysia, specifically Cyberjaya and the rest nearby, things wasn't as easy as we might thought.

Back in the times when my brother is in MMU Cyberjaya too, he only need to sit a direct bus to Puduraya and sit another bus direct back to Muar. It's easy and un-troublesome. But as the ninth plan goes on, so as the length of the time to get to Pudu too. There is two alternative for me to get back home, first is to get to Puduraya which most Cyberjaya-ians MMU student will take. But it is not just like that, the route goes like this. First of all you need to sit a RapidKL bus full of Bangladeshi with intense sickening smell to Putrajaya's main bus station. After that, you have to sit an ERL to Taman Tasik Selatan before sitting another LRT to Plaza Low Yat to go to Puduraya. Just by getting ourself from Cyberjaya to Puduraya can take us 1 hour 30 mins to 2 hours. And then buy a bus ticket back to Muar with 2 hours and 30 mins. Crappy and shitty.

The other alternatives will be relatively seem nearer but still troublesome. Which I took this route yesterday and end up in a pool of mess. The route goes like this, you will sit a bus namely 429 RapidKL to Putrajaya also. And then at that point, transit another RapidKL bus to Serdang's KTM station. The distance by bus from Putra to Serdang is actually only 15 mins, but as usual, RapidKL want to earn more money, they will go around the WHOLE Putrajaya..believe me the WHOLE PUTRAJAYA for forty minutes. There are a few signboards that I saw twice and even thrice but the time is ticking so fast. And after a marry-go-round bus ride, we reach Serdang KTM station and book a ticket to Seremban. The train travel at a constant speed and by the time I reach seremban it was near to 8 already. Me and my another close-friend a.k.a. roommate, rushed to the Seremban Bus Station a.k.a. Terminal 1 to buy a bus ticket back home. And truly lucky for us, we got a ticket for ourselves. But the bus is leaving at 11pm. What THE $%^&!!! Damn it, what are we suppose to do there. Therefore, we were so fed up and don't want to waste anymore time, we sat TAXI to go back to Melaka for RM 25..MUTHA F&^%%^!!! Hai..what to do! FATED i guess. I reach Sentral Melaka at 1030pm and to sit a taxi back, they wanted RM 50. So at the surface of my heart, I say to them, GFY ( GO F&^% YOURSELF)..Instead, I asked my parent to pick me up from Melaka. Luckily, the access from Muar to Melaka had been shortened by a new road, so my dad reach Sentral Melaka in 35 mins. And I reach home at 12am. Ya before I forgot, I started to sit bus at 530pm. And the rest of the half day, was spend on transportation. Pathetic and Idiotic. what a way to travel..that's why Cyberjaya are truly meant for studying. Not for going back...crap!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah public transportation woes! I can totally relate.

I've been to Putrajaya many a time and most of the time I use the Public transportation (i.e. RapidKL buses). From my experience, learnt the hard way, the buses only follow the schedule during the peak work hours since the public servants need to get to and from work. Other times sometimes you'll end up waiting to longer period of time to get on your bus.

I suggest that instead of taking the ERL to Tasik Selatan, instead just go all the way to KL Sentral. The use the LRT to get to Pasar Seni and from there Pudu is just 10 minutes walking distance. Then just get a bus ticket back to muar and you're set. All this is tried and true, mind you , by my humble self.

Taking the KTM is usually a bad idea cos the timing between the trains are long and the journey to Seremban itself takes around 1 hour plus.