15Malaysia

Sunday, March 16, 2008

How Media are taking Against Media?

Today post will be discussing about the revolution of media changing to other media and competing against each other.

Definitely the media that I mean for the former will be Newspaper, Radio and Television against the current one which is THE INFORMATION AGE's Internet.

This is a very significant change for us who is living in this 21st Century and definitely for those people who was born before the 70's will see the big change in the world with media changing so rapidly that we were all forced to adapt to it.

The reason why I am discussing about this is because I see a great changes in the world of communication nowadays that Internet had become every source that we can think of. Whether is promoting stuff through online, selling stuff, spreading news, disseminating information, gossips, and even earning money. This is how the revolution of media had changed the current world. That just by clicking, you can access your bank account, paying bills and transferring funds. Better still, getting more attention for people who might introvert and all. Anything is possible..with just a desktop or laptop and with access to Streamyx(Malaysian broadband service provider-- psst! you all can access to Streamyx new Deal through my ads!)

The reason why I see such big difference will as mentioned earlier in the previous post, General Election results. Probably a lot of people seeing bloggers as a nuisance as quoted by our Datuk Zainudin, former Information Minister of Malaysia. I forget what he quote but some kind something that is not nice to be around a bloggers' ears..something like we don't work but just know how to talk or something. This actually makes me a blogger myself, who actually work hard in my life thinking that WHAT THE HELL is he saying!! Does he trying to conclude that we don't even have the freedom to EXPRESS OUR THOUGHTS! We express our thoughts in the public..KENA TANGKAP! We express our thoughts by singing(nameWEE)..KENA TANGKAP macam WORLD'S CRIMINAL! Now we express our thoughts by typing..PUN LAGI SIKIT KENA TANGKAP!! Apa ini!!haii..ンチ スイ!! ンチ スイ!!

And also not that I don't support him or have bad thoughts about this guy, Khairy Jamaluddin, the son-in-law of our current Prime Minister. I read some of the blogs and media saying that Khairy once said that bloggers are 'MONYET (monkey)'. I wonder why he said that!! Does bloggers climb around the trees with their keyboards or does monkey nowadays know how to use Internet!! Probably he means that bloggers are like monkey, very disturbing creatures. I still don't get that much of thoughts from him. Anyhow, I still want to comment that why at the last two weeks before General Election, Khairy setup a online portal for his voters. And will comment and do whatever it takes to respond and communicate with people ASAP through online. In other words, he is spreading his influence through online and also blogging style. So right now..who is the REAL MONKEY!! Or does it make him a premium class monkey above all..ya probably yes..the premium class monkey = BABOON!!





Hmm..probably that is not the big idea that I want to talk about. The main thing that I actually want to talk about is the Media (NEWSPAPER-narrow to only newspaper) VS Media(Internet).
This few days, I have been updating with most of the recent aftermath of GE2008 news. I was very keen in knowing how the Opposition Party try to set up the government for 5 states in Malaysia namely Selangor, Kedah, Kelantan, Penang and Kuala Lumpur. However, I was really really disappointed with how most of the newspapers had actually create the misunderstanding to the readers. Before that, for everyone's information, theStar, Sin Chew Jit Poh and NST are MCA newspapers (I'm not sure whether I'm wrong onot, but this is what my friend told me). And their news are spreading around saying that DAP had coalition with PAS and PKR and all sort of problems had happen. But in the real case by POLITICIAN BLOGGERS , Jeff Ooi who won one of the DUN in Penang, quoted that there is no such things happen as he was there. So the question goes..WHY DO NEWSPAPER, one of the strongest medium communication, HAVE TO DO SUCH THINGS!! Do they know how BIG THE CONSEQUENCES OF THEIR ACTIONS! And this makes most of the people tend to read blogs which maybe bias but at least the serenity of the truth is there rather than being fool around by rumours. If all what they say are rumours, does police have to take ACTION!! WHY??

SPREADING RUMOURS THAT MIGHT CAUSE NATION'S IMSTABILITY!!!
I was farely disappointed actually that I, who used to read theStar everyday have to refilter what they are trying to say and tell to the nation. Adoii..kepala sakit wei!!!
Anyway, I just hope that there is no bias among any medium as they might be big consequences of things especially newspapers..as the nation newspapers is really really alot!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.