15Malaysia

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

In Memory of Andy Gan...



On 3rd of January 2009, at 11.34pm, one of the National's Best Golfer had been called by the Lord. With all respect, Andy Gan Hsien Loong, born February 24th 1988, at the age of 21+ had peacefully left us.

I personally do not get to know him that well, but definitely we had 2 rounds of golf before, both in competition (back then when I'm still active), with him representing Selangor and my pack then, Johore. He is definitely one of the most prominent golfer back then not just because Selangor team is strong, but he is the anchor of the team. A friendly guy just like how he looks, Andy played really well and pursued his dream in golf - professional golfer, definitely. Being able to climb that hill and to continue climbing that hill in golf arena is not easy, especially in Malaysia. Probably he is able to do that because he had been slim while I'm always fat, so I did not give up, but did not continue that passion enough (sorry to crack such a thing at this time, it is in me, so to Andy's fans, no offense alright!).

It was unfortunate that during some time after I did not continue to be active in golf, I got to know that Andy had leukemia. Back then, I was really shocked hearing from Melanie (another prominent female golfer in the making and she if from Johore) regarding Andy's condition. As we all know, Facebook is so popular already back then, I went and send him some greetings. And, to my surprise, and to the joy of everything as a friend, Andy responded and still remembers me which tells me two things (FYI, I'm not that popular). One is Andy got a good memory to remember me, or two, I'm so fat back then that it is too hard not to notice me (sorry again Andy's fans!).


A few more greetings were sent to him as well, during his birthday and etc. And definitely when come to reflection time each time I see his Facebook, I will think, "This guy Andy is really damn freaking strong (not that I want him to be like now), but in the sense, he look healthy and joyful everytime!". That is COURAGE dude! Guys and gals, how many of you all can think that at this point of time, realising that you are in such stage, will have that strength to be so jovial and jumping like a monkey like him (guys, hope you understand what I'm trying to say). To pick up everything that is drastically falling apart, is simply not easy. Truthfully, all my salutations that I have in my life, will go to you Andy. And that I only get to know that, he blogs about this.

I only get to know his blog past few days and in my conscience, this is not those ordinary blogs that blab about life, those life or fantasy life you live in. This blog is nothing, but wholeheartedly from Andy's word, to say how lucky he is to cherish every moment and seconds in his life.


He is very passionate about golf, that golf was just about his life. But challenges bring him to this stage. I always thought that he is recovering so fast that he might be back in golf sometime soon. As the naive mind of mine that thought that leukemia is not as serious as cancer. I was wrong! Totally WRONG!! Again, Mel told me that when we see that he is strong, he is hiding everything behind his graceful smile. It was such a surprise for me because I truly hope to see in the golf arena back again, really soon actually. And noob mind in medical stuff of me, to learn that leukemia is so much tougher to overcome than cancer patients.

Thus, to my dear Andy Gan, your life is full of adventure, so much so that you brings that adventure to us, and inspire us with your every courage, passion and love. I, wholeheartedly was touched by your every actions to truly take every steps at a time. While we are blundering our life like there are always tomorrow, some others are always hoping for tomorrow. On behalf of my family and friends, to the family and friends of Andy Gan, our deepest condolences to you...and there are always still - You are in the better place right now! Our prayers will always go to you!


(pictures taken from his blog and MGA Online)

No comments: